It's Coming Together and Homeschool Prom!

My double wedding ring quilt is getting closer!
I've been sewing these "melons" together now.  Not as often as I'd like as life has been busy lately.
I had only finished a few before I had to try putting together an entire circle.  It is so fun!  I may have squealed with glee over this one!
I went back to the melons and then started putting together the first row.  Unlike the quilt along instructions, I peeled off the paper on the back before sewing them to the white parts.  It made the easing of the seams much easier.
I couldn't find a real good place to lay out my first row, but the deep freezer is going to have to suffice.  Sew pretty! ;)

Friday was our area homeschool prom.
Don't my siblings look spiffy?!
They are growing up too fast.  I did Brenna's hair, she wanted it big!  It was actually a little bigger when we practiced...lots of teasing.  There may actually be a sock in this bump :)  Quinn is sporting a Tintin flip, but it is a little hard to see with the hat on.
Last minute I decided that I would join in the dressing up fun and tried out some 40s style barrel rolls in my hair.  FUN STUFF!



Beautiful girls!  They all seemed to have such a fun time and it was great to watch.  I even danced a few.

Alissa

Comments

  1. Your quilt is just stunning - it will be wonderful. It's actually made me think about doing this design - which is something I have said I will never do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is going to be so pretty! And what fun prom pics! Looks like it was a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt