WIP Wednesday...Marigold and Gray Wedding Treasure

Over a year ago a friend asked me to make her wedding quilt.  For their guestbook they had friends and family sign squares of fabric for a later project.
I was and still am honored to work on this project.
She gave me the squares and freedom to create.
Here are a few pictures of her decor from the wedding that helped with my inspiration. These two photos were taken by  Richard Haick Photography.
 It was beautiful!  I took the rich gold and the antique white of an old book to add to the yellow and gray of her squares.
 She asked for king size so I needed a layout that would allow for more blocks.  I went with stars...I really like stars :)
I've been holding off on finishing the piecing because it lacks one yellow square.
I decided to put in a blank one of my own so she can write on it later.
 It still was not king size so I added a thin cream border and a large marigold print border.
I'm working on making this a finish so that she and her husband can enjoy its warmth and the memories evoked from each personalized square.
Today I began the "ditch work" ;)  I'm not sure what I will do for the quilting, but I'm first simply stitching in the ditch of each row.
 It is a big one, but my treadle and I are hard at it...
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced
Alissa

Comments

  1. What a fun project! Good luck with the quilting! I'm sure the couple will cherish this special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a beautiful quilt...love your colour/fabric selections and the stars!!!! Your friend is getting a treasure - something she will cherish for a lifetime! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors, and the wedding looks like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt