Finish It Up Friday...Dresses and Free Motion Quilting.

I'm excited to show you my finishes this week!
This lovely young lady from my church asked me to make her a homecoming dress.
We found a pattern on Burda and it was a great fit :)
I decided to make a trial dress, just in case.  I used up the rest of this black and white fabric I had.  I did have to do a section of plain black on the back.
 And here is the final product in the colors and fabrics she requested!  I found an invisible zipper foot in with one of my more recently acquired sewing machines and put it to work for this one.  There is also boning which was a new skill for me.  I actually pulled it out of my first prom dress to use :)
She looks lovely!!
 I also finished up a quilting finish.
A friend and classmate asked me to do the quilting on this one for her.  It is so cute and it just begged to have flowers quilted in, so I got brave.
 I've only free-motion quilted one other quilt.
I'm glad I went with that for this one.  Normally I have to stick to the straight lines provided by the quilt top itself.
 Woohoo, for stepping outside my comfort zone.  I love how it turned out!

 She wanted something soft and fuzzy for the back since it is a baby quilt.  I purchased a minkie like pink polka dot that quilted up just fine.

Alissa

Comments

  1. You've had a busy and productive week of sewing and bringing happiness to others. Lovely homecoming dress - the smile on her pretty face says it all. Cheering you on with stepping outside your comfort zone with free motion quilting. You did a wonderful job! A beautiful finish to a sweet baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic finishes! That's a very pretty prom dress and the quilt is adorable, especially with flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dresses are very nice. Love the colors in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your free motion quilting looks good, maybe I'll step outside my straight line comfort zone someday, too! Nice work on the homecoming dress, I like the design, very classy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt