WIP Wednesday...Camp Kilimanjaro!

Each year for VBS our church makes a quilt.
The person who used to do it is backing on her outside quilt making, so this year it is my turn.
Our VBS was Mt. Kilimanjaro.  My mom came up with the idea and I did the execution.
 I made the background and blocked off the mountain and placement of the animals.  Then the kids and adults signed wherever they wanted to around them.
 I made up a paper-pieced multi-colored blue mountain.
 I appliqued the mountain on and then some silhouettes of animals.
 It is getting close to being finished...but still a WIP.
I added a border and mom put the theme verse along the bottom.
I also printed the Camp Kilimanjaro logo on fabric and added it as a cloud.
Fun memories!

Linking up at: Freshly Pieced

Alissa

Comments

  1. What a cool idea! I love the mountain you made, it looks real! So what happens to the quilt when it's finished? Does somebody get to keep it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the quilts are hanging up in the fellowship hall/area and some are in the classrooms. They are fun to look at!

      Delete
  2. That is really awesome! Kilamanjaro is on my bucket list for the wildlife alone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt