Hey, Hey I'm Still Here :)

I've only managed to post on Finish It Up Fridays lately.  Didn't even get that done this week.  Sometimes I just like to be "invisible" a bit. I thought it was time to say hello.
 I did have a finish this week, but it hasn't made it to its new home yet.  Here is just a sneak peak:
 I took some days off last week to finish that and work on some other quilting projects.  I ended up finding a way to finish some UFOS, of mine and others.
I made a baby quilt with these fabrics and had half-square triangles left over.  Hey, chevrons are in!
 I'm not sure if I bought these leaf blocks or if someone gave them to me.  I pulled them out and decided to try and fit them into a nice throw quilt.  Mom and Brenna helped me pick out some 30's prints to go with.

 I also managed to finish up last years Sugar Blocks with Amy Gibson.  I decided that putting blocks on point was kind of fun and tried it again.
It is a darker choice than I usually make, but I really like it too! 
 Once I got all of the chevrons made I decided to quilt it up and turn it into a pillow.  I plan on giving it to the people I made the baby quilt for since it matches!
 We've been having some crazy weather for late January/February.  It was 70 degrees out last week and last Sunday we didn't have any church services in the area due to snow, snow, snow.
I went with a dress yesterday since it has been warmer.  I got this black dress from my grandma.  She wore it back in 1974!  Fun times!
Alissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt