Finish It Up Friday...Four For Friday

I could probably save part of these for another Friday, but why not just put them all on here :)  This is what happens when you try to take a picture on a hot, humid day in NE with the camera from the cool basement!
 Much better!  I won't tell you anything more about the lion, but he's too cute to not preview.
 My grandma gave me a bunch of squares of fabric with needlepunch or fabric painting she did in the past.  She thought they might make some fun pillows.  I completed two this week!
 I love it when I have just the right colors in my stash.  I had no trouble finding something to match either of these pillows!
 I just did simple envelope style backs.  I purchased some cheap pillows at the store and used them for pillow forms.

 The main item of the week is this baby quilt.  It is another item my grandma painted.  She sold Cameo paints long ago and has tons of sample items.
 I have no idea where I received this border fabric.  It has some age on it though.
 I didn't do a lot with the quilting.
 I went around a few of the flowers.
 Also a little work on the crib and pillow.
 Isn't this the cutest fabric?!  I barely had enough for my borders so if you look closely you'll see that it doesn't all match up.
 I used a simple, but fun red gingham for the back and binding.
 This was a fun, quick finish!!
Thanks, Grandma!!

Alissa

Comments

  1. What great finishes! The fabrics in the pillows are perfect! And the baby quilt is absolutely adorable. Both you and your Grandmother are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how sweet! And so special you got to make up a few things from items of your Grandmother's :) (I don't miss humidity!!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finish It Up Friday...Scrappy Triangle Shag Rug

Finish It Up Friday...Pink Triangle Shag Rug!

Hello, Jellyfish Wedding Quilt